I’ve contracted with my 7 year old daughter, Rachel, to illustrate my forthcoming eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.” She took my iPad2 and a Rocketfish stylus to Lubbock this weekend with her mom and sister, and created some amazing illustrations in the 7 hour car trip each way. She used the iPad app Brushes to create these.
This is the book cover illustration.
Here is the illustration for the “Audio” chapter. This is probably my favorite. Clearly she’s thinking about international communication and collaboration with audio! (Note the iCarly-style “pear” logo on one of the computers. This was definitely drawn by “The Zebra Print” co-creator!)
I think I’ve hired a pretty talented illustrator. I’m quite enthused to be collaborating on this project with her, and she’s really excited too!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Social Media in the Classroom: Amplifying our Students by Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Visual Notetaking at ISTE 2013 - 2013
- Street Art + Stopmotion = Creative Digital Storytelling - 2012
- Comparing No-Edit Cloud Based Audio Recording Options #playingwithmedia - 2011
- The iTunes Album Which Was Lost Is Found! - 2011
- Optimize iTunes import settings for audio book CDs - 2010
- iPhone GS for Mobile Video Publication: A big battery disappointment - 2009
- UAV Exhibit at Smithsonian Air and Space - 2009
- Lots more stopmotion fun and lessons learned - 2008
- links for 2008-06-26 - 2008