I’ve contracted with my 7 year old daughter, Rachel, to illustrate my forthcoming eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.” She took my iPad2 and a Rocketfish stylus to Lubbock this weekend with her mom and sister, and created some amazing illustrations in the 7 hour car trip each way. She used the iPad app Brushes to create these.
This is the book cover illustration.
Here is the illustration for the “Audio” chapter. This is probably my favorite. Clearly she’s thinking about international communication and collaboration with audio! (Note the iCarly-style “pear” logo on one of the computers. This was definitely drawn by “The Zebra Print” co-creator!)
I think I’ve hired a pretty talented illustrator. I’m quite enthused to be collaborating on this project with her, and she’s really excited too!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Spinning a Revised History of Genghis Khan with Media and Exhibits - 2015
- Social Media in the Classroom: Amplifying our Students by Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Visual Notetaking at ISTE 2013 - 2013
- Street Art + Stopmotion = Creative Digital Storytelling - 2012
- Comparing No-Edit Cloud Based Audio Recording Options #playingwithmedia - 2011
- The iTunes Album Which Was Lost Is Found! - 2011
- Optimize iTunes import settings for audio book CDs - 2010
- iPhone GS for Mobile Video Publication: A big battery disappointment - 2009
- UAV Exhibit at Smithsonian Air and Space - 2009
- Lots more stopmotion fun and lessons learned - 2008