Equipped as a storychaser with my iPad2, a $60 iRig mic, and the help of friends (as well as some bystanders) willing to be short-term videographers, I’ve recorded a series of interviews this week here in Philadelphia for the 2011 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference.
This third episode is an interview with Kristin Hokansen about copyright, fair use, and media literacy issues for students and teachers. Kristin has worked extensively with and for the Media Education Lab at Temple University and the Center for Social Media.
I’ve dedicated a chapter of my forthcoming eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing” (now scheduled for publication on July 4th in ePUB format) to copyright issues. Most of that chapter is available free on the copyright page of playingwithmedia.com.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Comparing TeachMeet and EdCamp PD Models - 2015
- Voices of #iste11 - The 1:1 Digital Learning Revolution in Schools (Travis Allen - iSchool Initiative) - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Newly Minted FourSquare Mayor in Philadelphia - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Louis and Clark Story About Mercury & Thunderclapper Pills - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - $15 per Month For Netbooks In New Zealand: BYOD = Buy Your Own Device - 2011
- Jason Ohler on Digital Literacy & Digital Storytelling #iste11 - 2011
- Separate Feedburner chicklets for blog posts and podcasts - 2010
- CNN provides a tutorial on retweeting - 2009
- CoverItLive Blog of Malcom Gladwell's Opening NECC Keynote - 2009
- Notes from Peter H. Reynolds at CCDC09 - 2009