Did you know your iPhone (with iOS firmware 3.0 and later) has a hidden feature that will let you “undo” a typing mistake in most applications by simply shaking the phone? This is a great trick! Today I was typing a short note about a Bible verse which I posted to the “Eyes Right” blog and also posted to the YouVersion community. I was highlighting my paragraph and accidentally typed a key which replaced all the text I’d just entered! Thankfully, I learned it’s possible to quickly SHAKE your iPhone and bring up a menu choice to UNDO TYPING.
I clicked UNDO TYPING and my paragraph of text was restored to my email message! What a relief!
Hat tip to this YouTube video by AppStoreReviewer for sharing this trick. I found the video by Googling “iphone typing undo.” I cross-posted my note to my WordPress blog from the YouVersion Bible app using email and a free Posterous blog. The free daily Bible reading plans on the YouVersion Bible app are outstanding and a great way to “read the Word” each day! I also learned today the YouVersion site and app creates a publicly viewable “activity feed” which includes verses you bookmark, comments by other users you like, and comments you make (and “attach”) to specific verses. Very cool.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to turn on YouTube video comment moderation - 2011
- Over the Pond and Through The Fiber #aha-moment - 2010
- Benefits of Social Networking - 2009
- Dreaming of a free NetFlix for books site for student readers - 2008
- Podcast263: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast07 - iPhone Web Apps and Poll Everywhere in Education (Part 2 of 3 in our Cell Phones and Mobile Devices for Learning series) - 2008
- Deciding Ning "friends" to avoid - 2007
- Making myself at home - 2006
- Welcome Dean, guest blogger! - 2006
- Podcast72: Pros and Cons of Educational Blogging Options - 2006
- QuickTime tips - 2005