These are my notes from a session on iPad apps presented by SOITA over H.323 video. (I got to this session late and couldn’t say the entire time, but learned some new things. MY THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ARE IN ALL CAPS.
The Elements: A Visual Exploration is a great multimedia periodic table
– MY THOUGHT: I CONSISTENTLY SEE THIS APP DEMOED BY APPLE FOLKS, IT DEFINITELY IS ENTRALLING / AMAZING
eClicker Host is $10 app that turns your iOS device into a clicker response system
– students can download and use the free eClicker app to answer questions
– alternatively students can use any web browser to respond
Audionote ($5 – a free lite version is also available)
– Like Live Scribe Pulse Pen which has a camera and mic to record everything that you write down (but the pen is $125, got to buy the notebooks
– does the same thing that Live Scribe Pulse Pen but for $3
Frog Dissection app ($4)
Google Earth (free)
– way you interact with the Google Earth on an iPad is much more natural
IF YOU KNOW THE NAME OF OUR PRESENTER FOR THIS SESSION AND A LINK TO SHARED APPS, PLEASE SHARE IT AS A COMMENT.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Choose Your Own Adventure YouTube Video: Lessons Learned - 2017
- Podcast429: Creating to Learn - Videoconference Keynote to Bangalore, India - 2015
- Moving Students From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-ABLE: Michael Wesch at TEDxKC - 2014
- Left to Their Own Devices - 2013
- Help Shape the Vision of Oklahoma City Public Schools: Sunday August 4th - 2013
- Books on My Wish List Thanks to Bob Sprankle - 2012
- 12 Graphics to Illustrate Mapping Media to the Curriculum - 2012
- The phrase "CIPA compliant content" can be misleading - 2011
- Transformative Personal Connections in a Hyperconnected World #blackfootETC - 2011
- From 671 trains in a day to six: Transformations in travel and learning - 2010