Please plan to join the FREE, interactive, virtual learning at the 2011 Texas Virtual Schools Network (TxVSN) Online Conference this week. Tomorrow on Wednesday, August 3rd, I’ll be presenting a session online in Elluminate Live at 7:30 EST / 6:30 pm CST / 5:30 MST / 4:30 PDT entitled, “Filtering the Information Flood: Strategies for Effectively Teaching Online.” The session description is:
Are you dealing with TMI (Too Much Information) in your online teaching? Clay Shirky points out TMI issues often result from “filter failure.” In this session we will explore a variety of strategies to more effectively filter information we share with students and receive from them online. We’ll also explore ways we can use web-based audio recording tools to provide personalized and efficient feedback to our students for assessments.
Referenced resources for this presentation are available on my Google Sites wiki, and my slides are available on SlideShare. This should be a fun session, please join in if you can! Registration for the conference is free.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 4th Grade Virtual Tour of a California Mission in Minecraft - 2013
- Oklahoma STEM Updates from Jeff Downs (August 2012) - 2012
- Identifying Barriers to Creativity in Schools #blackfootETC - 2011
- Online Learning with Montana Digital Academy #blackfootETC - 2011
- Dr Tim Tyson on our need for visionary educational leadership - 2010
- Podcast325: Implementing a Shared Vision for Digital Learning in Kingman, Kansas - 2009
- Notes from LoTi Administrator Institute led by Dean Mantz (afternoon) - 2009
- Notes from LoTi Administrator Institute led by Dean Mantz (morning) - 2009
- Congrats to Scott Hudson: Eagle Scout at age 36 - 2008
- Great day with Oklahoma A+ Schools - 2007