If you want to include automatically saved geo/location information with photographs you take with an iPhone or other camera when you export the photos from iPhoto on a Mac and publish them to Flickr, you need to make several changes to your preference settings in both iPhoto ’11 and on Flickr.
First, change the default settings in iPhoto – Preferences – Advanced. Choose to “Include location information for published photos.”
Second, when exporting your photos from iPhoto (if you choose to not upload directly to Flickr within the iPhoto application) be sure to check the box “Include Location Information.”
Third, change your Flickr default privacy settings to import EXIF info. (That’s the geo-location meta information included with photos.)
I like using the Flickr Uploadr application (free) to upload my photos after saving them from iPhoto into folders on my local hard drive.
Be sure you understand the privacy implications of changing these settings before you upload photos. In my case this week, I want to have Flickr automatically create maps of the locations where I took photos in Montana. (I don’t have my photos from Glacier NP uploaded yet, however.) If you’re sharing photos you take from your house or somewhere else which has a location you don’t want to disclose, be sure to revert / change these settings again before publishing those photos.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- More Than One Way to Orbit in Scratch - 2013
- Welcome to Hogwarts (August 2013) - 2013
- Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012) - 2012
- Mobile E-Book Options for "On-the-Go" Readers - 2012
- Digital Textbooks using iBooks (August 2012) - 2012
- More Highlights from Glacier National Park - 2011
- MediaWiki spam cleanup recap and tutorial - 2010
- Podcast326: Reflections on the Google Teacher Academy - Boulder, Colorado - 2009
- MemoryArchive and wikified history - 2008
- Animoto for Education - Use it for thoughtful media creations - 2008