The Internet connection at our hotel in Missoula tonight is faster than the ones we’ve had in past nights, so I’m finally about to upload and share some videos from Glacier National Park this weekend. Tomorrow the 14th Annual August Institute, “Technology Runs Through It” starts here at the University of Montana. Follow conference conversations with the #wildtech hashtag on Twitter.
The four minute video, “Waterfalls of Eden in Glacier National Park” showcases some absolutely AMAZING waterfalls flowing down the east side of the continental divide just east of Logan’s Pass on “Going to the Sun Road.” This spectacular scenery made me think of Eden. Words and video images are entirely inadequate to capture the splendor of this place.
“Hike to Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park” is a seven minute edited video of footage from August 5, 2011. Avalanche Lake is a beautiful lake fed by snow and glacial runoff not far from the west entrance to the park.
“Driving on “Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park” is a five minute video taken with my iPhone outside the sunroof of our rental car on August 5, 2011. The audio track isn’t edited, so it’s basically wind noise, but the video will hopefully give you a sense of how dramatic and exciting this drive is!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create and Share InfoPics to Show What You Know - 2017
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008
- Behold the power of photo tagging - 2008