The Internet connection at our hotel in Missoula tonight is faster than the ones we’ve had in past nights, so I’m finally about to upload and share some videos from Glacier National Park this weekend. Tomorrow the 14th Annual August Institute, “Technology Runs Through It” starts here at the University of Montana. Follow conference conversations with the #wildtech hashtag on Twitter.
The four minute video, “Waterfalls of Eden in Glacier National Park” showcases some absolutely AMAZING waterfalls flowing down the east side of the continental divide just east of Logan’s Pass on “Going to the Sun Road.” This spectacular scenery made me think of Eden. Words and video images are entirely inadequate to capture the splendor of this place.
“Hike to Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park” is a seven minute edited video of footage from August 5, 2011. Avalanche Lake is a beautiful lake fed by snow and glacial runoff not far from the west entrance to the park.
“Driving on “Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park” is a five minute video taken with my iPhone outside the sunroof of our rental car on August 5, 2011. The audio track isn’t edited, so it’s basically wind noise, but the video will hopefully give you a sense of how dramatic and exciting this drive is!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast407: Educreations in Your Classroom: Use Narrated Slideshows to Enhance Learning by Jamie Reynolds and Amy Paden - 2013
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008
- Behold the power of photo tagging - 2008