Mobile learning can be wonderful. Unlike laptop or desktop computers, mobile computing devices are generally more accessible. They can fit in our pocket. They’re almost always available.
As I use Twitter during the day (often with the Hootsuite app) I often find blogs I’d like to read later. My favorite thing to do when I find a new education blog I want to follow is to add it to my Google Reader account as a new “subscription.” This evening I recorded a five minute screencast demonstrating two different ways this can be done, using the mobile web version of Google Reader as well as the free iOS app, Mobile RSS.
This screencast is also available on YouTube.
Do you know another way to subscribe to blogs on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and add them to your Google Reader account? If so, please share your secrets!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- RATs, WebCams & Online Predators: More Reasons to Ditch Windows-based PCs Forever - 2013
- Radio Spot for iPad With Wes Workshop in Oklahoma City: Friday, September 14th - 2012
- Watch Flash Videos & Play Flash Games on iOS Devices - 2011
- Multiple Choice Testing on an iPod Touch with NearPod - 2011
- Do You Realize? (21st Century Education in New Brunswick, Canada) - 2010
- A gaggle of AudioBoos from the Oklahoma City Zoo - 2009
- MNet Social Safety Resources - 2008
- Podcast180: Conversations about Digital Social Networking and Internet Safety - 2007
- Download offline copy of a VoiceThread digital story? - 2007
- Fun with 43 places, 43 things - 2005