Faculty and staff in O’Neill, Nebraska, have kicked off a new school year with a fun new media twist: In two hours they planned and recorded a wonderful lip dub set to Journey’s song, “Don’t Stop Believing.”
There are TONS of great scenes in this lib dub, but my favorite is definitely the guitar solo by the man in green about 3 minutes and 20 seconds into the video.
Faculty and staff in O’Neil public schools created this lib dub as a response to their high school students’ April 2011 lib dub set to, “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas.
For more background about that April video, see LuAnn Schindler’s April 30th article, “O’Neill students share ‘feeling’ of school spirit.” If you know more of the “back story” to this video, please share it as a comment, or share links to blog posts/articles about this video. I’m sure this video will kick off the school year on a positive note for everyone in O’Neill, Nebraska. Passionate, fun-loving and digitally savvy teachers like these are yet another reason Nebraskans Love Public Schools. Is it any surprise O’Neill Junior-Senior High School is an Apple Distinguished School? Of course not!
Way to go O’Neill educators!
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Images and Thoughts From Back to School Night - August 2011 - 2011
- $15 fine for cell phone use during class - 2010
- Goodreader: A great way to read PDF eBooks (like David Warlick's latest) on an iPad - 2010
- Two worthy quotations on leadership and passion - 2009
- Thinking conservatively about public WiFi security and Smartphone tethering - 2009
- Missing mobile alert in GMail - 2008
- Goodstein on "Totally Wired" Students - 2008
- Teachers.tv: Kids, Social Safety & Digital Literacy - 2008
- About this blog - 2007
- Future world and local leaders at play - 2007