Faculty and staff in O’Neill, Nebraska, have kicked off a new school year with a fun new media twist: In two hours they planned and recorded a wonderful lip dub set to Journey’s song, “Don’t Stop Believing.”
There are TONS of great scenes in this lib dub, but my favorite is definitely the guitar solo by the man in green about 3 minutes and 20 seconds into the video.
Faculty and staff in O’Neil public schools created this lib dub as a response to their high school students’ April 2011 lib dub set to, “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas.
For more background about that April video, see LuAnn Schindler’s April 30th article, “O’Neill students share ‘feeling’ of school spirit.” If you know more of the “back story” to this video, please share it as a comment, or share links to blog posts/articles about this video. I’m sure this video will kick off the school year on a positive note for everyone in O’Neill, Nebraska. Passionate, fun-loving and digitally savvy teachers like these are yet another reason Nebraskans Love Public Schools. Is it any surprise O’Neill Junior-Senior High School is an Apple Distinguished School? Of course not!
Way to go O’Neill educators!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Recording and Sharing Your iPad with In-Person and Remote Learning Students - 2020
- To-Do and Task Manager Options - 2014
- Images and Thoughts From Back to School Night - August 2011 - 2011
- $15 fine for cell phone use during class - 2010
- Goodreader: A great way to read PDF eBooks (like David Warlick's latest) on an iPad - 2010
- Two worthy quotations on leadership and passion - 2009
- Thinking conservatively about public WiFi security and Smartphone tethering - 2009
- Missing mobile alert in GMail - 2008
- Goodstein on "Totally Wired" Students - 2008
- Teachers.tv: Kids, Social Safety & Digital Literacy - 2008