On September 11, 2011, I explored some new areas in Shanghai, China, with Gail Lovely, Jarrod Robinson, Jess McCulloch, Bruce and Anne Mirtschin. We had a wonderful day of adventures. On my fifteen hour flight from Shanghai to Atlanta today, I recorded several narrated slideshows on my iPhone using the SonicPics application. I used my iRig microphone and am pretty pleased with the audio, despite the noisy airline engine noise. (The iRig does a nice job limiting background noise.) Unfortunately the iRig couldn’t hide the fatigue in my voice! Here are the videos!
Shanghai Adventures (September 2011) (20 minutes)
A twenty minute narrated slideshow of my adventures exploring Shanghai, China, on September 11, 2011. There are 48 images in this slideshow.
Shanghai Museum Coins (12 minutes)
A narrated slideshow about the coins and currency exhibit in the Shanghai Museum. I toured the exhibit on September 11, 2011.
Not Your Typical Airport Menu (3 minutes)
A narrated slideshow about some interesting items on the menu at the Pudong Airport in Shanghai, China.
I also edited together a couple video clips I took riding in Shanghai taxis on Sunday and Monday. I turned off the audio on the second half of this clip because of wind noise, but hopefully it will still provide a good feel for what it was like in this city of 23 million people. I’ll insert that tomorrow in this post after I upload it, as my luggage has all arrived here in the OKC airport and I’m keen to get home. 🙂
When I was still in China, I posted two additional videos as video blogs from Shanghai as well and another narrated slideshow. Those were:
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Sortable, Mobilized Google Spreadsheet with Student Photos and Information - 2013
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship in Alva, Oklahoma (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast329: Playing Civilization Revolution on the iPod Touch / iPhone - 2009
- Helping more teachers and students access a Ning website via a subdomain and a CNAME entry in DNS - 2008
- Marketing flyer for K12Online08 - 2008
- Good morning, your WordPress blog has been hacked - 2008
- Entroute to Shanghai - 2007
- Giving Tiger Mail a try - 2006
- Join a skypecast about WikiSpaces! - 2006
- OnGuard Online DSN advice for parents - 2006