On September 11, 2011, I explored some new areas in Shanghai, China, with Gail Lovely, Jarrod Robinson, Jess McCulloch, Bruce and Anne Mirtschin. We had a wonderful day of adventures. On my fifteen hour flight from Shanghai to Atlanta today, I recorded several narrated slideshows on my iPhone using the SonicPics application. I used my iRig microphone and am pretty pleased with the audio, despite the noisy airline engine noise. (The iRig does a nice job limiting background noise.) Unfortunately the iRig couldn’t hide the fatigue in my voice! Here are the videos!
Shanghai Adventures (September 2011) (20 minutes)
A twenty minute narrated slideshow of my adventures exploring Shanghai, China, on September 11, 2011. There are 48 images in this slideshow.
Shanghai Museum Coins (12 minutes)
A narrated slideshow about the coins and currency exhibit in the Shanghai Museum. I toured the exhibit on September 11, 2011.
Not Your Typical Airport Menu (3 minutes)
A narrated slideshow about some interesting items on the menu at the Pudong Airport in Shanghai, China.
I also edited together a couple video clips I took riding in Shanghai taxis on Sunday and Monday. I turned off the audio on the second half of this clip because of wind noise, but hopefully it will still provide a good feel for what it was like in this city of 23 million people. I’ll insert that tomorrow in this post after I upload it, as my luggage has all arrived here in the OKC airport and I’m keen to get home.
When I was still in China, I posted two additional videos as video blogs from Shanghai as well and another narrated slideshow. Those were:
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Sortable, Mobilized Google Spreadsheet with Student Photos and Information - 2013
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship in Alva, Oklahoma (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast329: Playing Civilization Revolution on the iPod Touch / iPhone - 2009
- Helping more teachers and students access a Ning website via a subdomain and a CNAME entry in DNS - 2008
- Marketing flyer for K12Online08 - 2008
- Good morning, your WordPress blog has been hacked - 2008
- Entroute to Shanghai - 2007
- Giving Tiger Mail a try - 2006
- Join a skypecast about WikiSpaces! - 2006
- OnGuard Online DSN advice for parents - 2006