In the course of your studies or the studies of your students on World War II, is the Dunkirk evacuation part of your curriculum? That was an amazing and inspirational rescue by sea, but did you know even more people were rescued by boat from Manhattan Island in New York City after the 9-11 terrorist attacks in 2001? Take twelve minutes and watch the short documentary, “BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience,” narrated by Tom Hanks.
It’s a moving piece and makes me wish it didn’t take tragic events to bring people together and “bring out the hero” in everyday folks.
From a digital storytelling perspective, this video is very well crafted.
Thanks to Ron Peeler for sharing this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Screenshot Keyboard Shortcuts - 2018
- Starting Off Makers Club with Water Bottle Rocket Launches - 2014
- iTunes Match: All My Songs Now Available in the iCloud - 2012
- Talk with Media: Visual Literacy and Digital Storytelling #learning2cn - 2010
- Three exemplary International Schools in Hong Kong - 2009
- Brightstorm: High school course help on the way - 2008
- The time for economic concern has come (a vast understatement) - 2008
- Financial literacy web tools and curriculum from Shryk - 2008
- Podcast191: Creating globally connected, rigorous and highly motivated assignments by Alan November - 2007
- Troubled by a literacy Google search - 2006