These are my slides and videos for the presentation, “Deepening our Learning Through Storytelling: creativity, STEM and stories” to be shared at Yarmouth High School (Maine) on September 28, 2011. As learners of all ages (teachers and students) we need to “play with media” and utilize media tools to communicate. Good stories start with good writing and an invitation to share. In this session we’ll explore and discuss examples of digital media focusing specifically on science and math themes.
These links are also available on my handouts wiki. The videos “Mathboarding” and Rate of Work” are from Rushton Hurley‘s wonderful digital storytelling archive, “Next Vista for Learning.” An audio podcast of this presentation is also available on “Fuel for Educational Change Agents.”
Sponsors of Tomorrow-Rockstar (30 sec)
Rate of Work (1:07)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google SketchUp Workshop (Sept 2011) - 2011
- A Real Tipping Point? Vision for Individualized Learning in Maine - 2011
- This is a big map! (Giant Traveling Maps from National Geographic) - 2011
- The Fourth Part of the World by Toby Lester - 2011
- Giant Traveling Maps project from National Geographic - 2011
- Google in Education and Chromebooks (Sept 2011) - 2011
- Digitizing Student Portfolios with an iPod Touch - 2011
- iCarly inspires The Zebra Print - 2010
- Sticking with Free Ad-Supported SMS Alerts for Class - 2010
- Culture shock can happen in different environments, but friends help minimize its effects - 2010