These are the slides, resources and videos I shared during my keynote address, “Reach for the Stars Using Media in Your Classroom,” on September 28, 2011, in Concord, New Hampshire. This presentation was shared for a gathering celebrating the 30th anniversary of NHSTE (New Hampshire’s Affiliate of the International Society for Technology in Education) at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord. The presentation focused on our obligations to be multimedia communicators as educators, the basics of “Playing with Media,” and examples of outstanding student media projects from New Hampshire students. Amidst a continuing barrage of exciting new technologies like the Apple iPad, Amazon Fire and Google Chromebook, the right question to ask is NOT, “Should we buy X device for our students?” The right question to ask is, “What do we want our students to DO with the tool we buy?”
What happens in 60 Seconds on the Internet (April 2011)
Kindle Fire TV Commercial (30 sec)
Chromebooks for Education (2:13)
See resources for digital text, image, audio and video sharing on playingwithmedia.com
See examples of shared student projects on share.playingwithmedia.com
Purchase “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing” as an eBook or paperback
Google Sketchup software (free)
Scratch software (free)
Technorati Tags: blog, book, edtech, education, inspirational, inspire, new, playingwithmedia, report, school, schools, share, sketchup, student, technology, video, vimeo, youtube, nhste, hampshire, newhampshire, work, bookreport
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Playing BowSpleef with a Friend in Minecraft - 2013
- Learning Cool Things at the 2013 Tulsa Mini Maker Faire - 2013
- HDR iPhoneography at Camp USAFA - 2012
- eBooks The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity - 2011
- YouTube Aggregates Videos Shared on a Blog - 2011
- If you take more Accelerated Reader Tests, I'll give you more cell phone minutes - 2010
- Assignment: Build a personal avatar! - 2010
- Floppy disk, anyone? - 2009
- Great K12Online09 LAN Party September 26th - 2009
- Some Moodle lessons learned - 2008