Today I traveled about 18 hours around the world, from Oklahoma City, USA, to Doha, Qatar. I’ll be here in the Middle East for four days at Qatar Academy for the Middle Level Years Learn-Tech Conference: Creating Connections For Educators Of Middle Level Students. This evening after checking into our hotel and having dinner with other presenters, I recorded a five minute, narrated slideshow with SonicPics on my iPhone using 14 photos of the day.
Here are a few photos from my travel day. I love the in-flight map which shows the plane’s location, altitude and speed over earth. International air travel amazes me!
I recorded and posted two new audio files to my “Sounds of My World” blog tonight as well:
If some of these media shares from the Middle East inspire you, be sure to check out my eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing,” where you can learn more tools and techniques for sharing digital text, images, audio and video. If you have not already, mark your calendar for the free webinar, “Fall VirtCon 2011: Tech or Treat,” on Saturday, October 22, sponsored by Discovery Education. I’ll be sharing a spotlight session during the virtual conference about the ideas and techniques included in the book.
Check out more photos from today in the Flickr set I created. I’ll be posting more this week!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Advice for Church Digital Oral History Projects - 2014
- Why Choice Schools Are Essential in Public Schools - 2012
- Can Blogger.com Support Moderated Web Forms for Post Contributions Like WordPress? - 2012
- Tutorial: How To Upload a Video to YouTube - 2012
- K-12 Online Conference Presentation Teasers! #k12online10 - 2010
- FTC mandates disclosure for bloggers receiving freebies/payments - 2009
- Dell Mini10V Netbook, Ubuntu, Win7, and Hackintoshes - 2009
- XO Laptop for Christmas? - 2007
- Exponential blog growth - 2005
- Great history resource suggestions from Tom Hale - 2005