Local time in Doha, Qatar, is eight hours ahead of U.S. central time. This evening before heading out for our evening dinner, I recorded a 4.5 minute reflection about some of my experiences and thoughts after being in the Middle East about 24 hours. One correction to my video: Our conference is sponsored by Qatar Academy and the Qatar Foundation.
The book I reference in this video (and was thinking about last night as our airplane descended into the darkness by the Persian Gulf, south of Iran and southwest of Afghanistan, is “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10” by Marcus Luttrell. RIP Steve Jobs, members of SEAL Team 10 who did not return home in July 2005, and all those who have lost their lives in the ongoing wars in Southwest Asia since 9-11.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- EdCamp, eBooks & STEM (OTA - EncycloMedia 2014) - 2014
- Unusual and Tasty Breakfast Buffet Items in Qatar - 2011
- Emotional Intelligence by Phyllis Van Hemert - 2010
- Self-discipline critical in our tablet and smartphone filled world - 2010
- Immersion in other cultures enhances creativity - 2009
- UStream recording of tonight's K12Online08 conversation on EdTechTalk - 2008
- Amazed by the power of asynchronous learning - 2008
- Join the K12Online08 conversation on It's Elementary tonight! - 2008
- Wiki, Blog or Moodle? - 2006
- Universal (Intel Mac) version of Ecto available - 2006