This podcast is a recording of Wesley Fryer’s 12 minute presentation on the panel, “Navigating the Road Ahead: A Guided Discussion of Ebooks in K-12 Libraries,” for the October 12, 2011 webinar “EBOOKS The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity.” This full-day webinar was sponsored by Library Journal and School Library Journal. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to presentation slides and referenced resources from this presentation.
- My presentation slides (Google Presentation)
- Webinar homepage: EBOOKS The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity
- SHARE: Playing with Media (examples of student media projects)
- Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing (links to 3 eBook formats and print version)
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let’s Talk eBooks!
- Kindle Direct Publishing
- Comparison of eBook Formats (English WikiPedia)
- EPUB format information from the International Digital Publishing Forum
- Apple Pages Software (commercial)
- Calibre Software (free / open source)
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable (6 May 2011)
- Oodles of eBooks (podcast) by Carolyn Foote (@technolibrary on Twitter) – Session resources
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com (24 May 2011)
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore (25 Jul 2011)
- Publishing eBooks to Amazon and iTunes iBookstore: Learning Curve Continues (29 Jul 2011)
- Validation errors in a multimedia or enhanced EPUB eBook (5 Aug 2011)
- Lessons Learned About Enhanced or Multimedia EPUB eBook Validation (15 Aug 2011)
- Audio and Video in EPUB: Straight to the Point Miniguide #2 ($5 ebook)
- Apple ePUB Template with recommended stylesheet
- Approved Apple Aggregators (companies) for the iTunes iBookstore – as of July 2011
- CreateSpace (publish print books on demand, Amazon’s official partner / channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Ready, Set, (W)eRead! Redefining Library for the 21st Century (with iPad eBooks) - 2012
- Visualizing Librarian Questions about eBooks - 2011
- eBook Webinar Q&A - 2011
- China, Democracy, Charter 8 and Liu Xiaobo - 2010
- Start your car with your iPhone - 2009
- Social Media Change Agents Must First Enlist the Support of Top Leaders - 2009
- Visualizing field trip school visitors with Google Maps - 2008
- 50 Web 2.0 Ways To Tell a Story - 2007
- Donating old computers? - 2006
- Compress and convert video - 2006