This podcast is a recording of Wesley Fryer’s 12 minute presentation on the panel, “Navigating the Road Ahead: A Guided Discussion of Ebooks in K-12 Libraries,” for the October 12, 2011 webinar “EBOOKS The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity.” This full-day webinar was sponsored by Library Journal and School Library Journal. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to presentation slides and referenced resources from this presentation.
- My presentation slides (Google Presentation)
- Webinar homepage: EBOOKS The New Normal: how libraries are leveraging the eBook opportunity
- SHARE: Playing with Media (examples of student media projects)
- Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing (links to 3 eBook formats and print version)
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let’s Talk eBooks!
- Kindle Direct Publishing
- Comparison of eBook Formats (English WikiPedia)
- EPUB format information from the International Digital Publishing Forum
- Apple Pages Software (commercial)
- Calibre Software (free / open source)
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable (6 May 2011)
- Oodles of eBooks (podcast) by Carolyn Foote (@technolibrary on Twitter) – Session resources
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com (24 May 2011)
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore (25 Jul 2011)
- Publishing eBooks to Amazon and iTunes iBookstore: Learning Curve Continues (29 Jul 2011)
- Validation errors in a multimedia or enhanced EPUB eBook (5 Aug 2011)
- Lessons Learned About Enhanced or Multimedia EPUB eBook Validation (15 Aug 2011)
- Audio and Video in EPUB: Straight to the Point Miniguide #2 ($5 ebook)
- Apple ePUB Template with recommended stylesheet
- Approved Apple Aggregators (companies) for the iTunes iBookstore – as of July 2011
- CreateSpace (publish print books on demand, Amazon’s official partner / channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Mapping Media Vol 1 Chapters Available as Separate eBooks - 2014
- Ready, Set, (W)eRead! Redefining Library for the 21st Century (with iPad eBooks) - 2012
- Visualizing Librarian Questions about eBooks - 2011
- eBook Webinar Q&A - 2011
- China, Democracy, Charter 8 and Liu Xiaobo - 2010
- Start your car with your iPhone - 2009
- Social Media Change Agents Must First Enlist the Support of Top Leaders - 2009
- Visualizing field trip school visitors with Google Maps - 2008
- 50 Web 2.0 Ways To Tell a Story - 2007
- Donating old computers? - 2006