You’ve still got several more days (till October 17th at midnight PDT) to submit a proposal for the 2011 K-12 Online Conference! Complete details about this wonderful, FREE, online conference are available on k12onlineconference.org. As a selected presenter you’ll create a twenty minute, engaging video presentation to share in one of our “strands” during our two week conference, the weeks of November 28th and December 5th, 2011. Unlike the 2011 Global Education Conference, scheduled for November 14 – 18, which features “live” presentations throughout a week, the 2011 K-12 Online Conference is entirely asynchronous. This means you can watch and learn from conference presenters at any time following the posting of each presentation. All presentations are also available for download to an iOS device via iTunesU.
Thanks to Naomi Harm for her work on our marketing materials for this year’s conference, which will be published soon so you can help “spread the word” about K12Online. PLEASE consider submitting a proposal to present for this year’s conference. We’re all busy, but the benefit of sharing innovative ideas is a gift which “keeps on giving” in the K-12 Online Conference. We have over 200 conference sessions archived on our website, and hope to increase access and utilization of these professional development opportunities to MANY more educators in the coming year. Add your voice to our team of educator-advocates telling stories and sharing skills about “purposeful play” for learning!
Earlier this week, I recorded a two minute summary of the K-12 Online Conference for a class Leigh Zeitz (Dr. Z) is teaching in Iowa. Feel free to share this as well with others interested or perhaps not yet acquainted with K-12 Online.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Beware of Genieo Adware on Apple Computers - 2013
- Construction Engineers and Concrete Masons can save MILLIONS of lives (Haiti earthquake story) - 2010
- Remote Control iPad Presentations #edapp - 2010
- Online Content Can Be Persistent (even when people try to take it offline) - 2010
- Again, U.S. federal funds used to strong arm state legislators - 2009
- The Maine Department of Tourism is Taking Care of Travelers - 2009
- Lunch with Clay Shirkey and Alan Kay - 2008
- Obama on Flickr and Validating Information Sources - 2007
- Seize the moment and make the most of NOW - 2007
- The gauntlet has been tossed - 2007