In an effort to market my services as a digital learning consultant more effectively, and at the request of a school district interested in hiring me as a keynote speaker in 2012, I’ve created a one page PDF flyer about my professional speaking services.
Many thanks to Alison Anderson for her August 7th tweet about my eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.” In addition to featuring her “tweet quote” on my 1 page marketing flyer, I also included it in the opening pages of the paperback version of the book.
I’m continuing to study how other educational consultants present and market themselves both online and in printed materials. As I’ve visited with other professional speakers, I’ve learned single page marketing flyers seem to be standard fare. I haven’t had one before, but now I do… albeit it’s created with Apple Pages (iWork) and my own limited page layout skills.
If you’re looking for an educational conference or professional development day speaker in the months ahead, please consider me. Please also consider forwarding this to others in professional organizations you may know who are looking for speakers. I’ve also learned networking and personal recommendations are the #1 best way to find educational speaking opportunities.
If you have suggestions for how I should change or tweak this flyer, I’d love to hear your ideas. Feel free to comment or contact me directly.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal: Your Table[t]d’hôte Today - 2013
- Great News for iPad Videographers (Open-In Audio Functionality Added to Pinnacle Studio) - 2013
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- Chris Lehmann on School Change at Ignite Philly - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006
- Amazing Web 2.0 tools - 2005