If you use an iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) you need the Puffin Web Browser. It’s 99¢ and supports Flash-format videos on many sites. Unlike SkyFire, which JUST supports Flash videos, Puffin also supports Flash on many other sites like Webkins. (Skyfire is more expensive too: $3 for the iPhone version and $5 for the iPad version.)
Today I wanted to view a video on ABC News’ website on my iPhone, but the built-in Safari web browser wouldn’t show the content since it’s Flash-based. ABC suggested I download and install their custom app.
Since I already had the Puffin browser installed, instead of downloading the ABC app I just copied the website link and pasted it into Puffin. Seconds later I was watching the video.
It would be nice if the iOS Safari app provided native Flash support. Since it doesn’t, however, it’s great alternative browsers like Puffin are available which do.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Make Marvelous Movies by Tony Vincent - 2014
- Enhanced iPad Videos by Greg Kulowiec at Miami Device 2014 - 2014
- Sketchnote of Show What You Know With Media by Silvia Tolisano - 2014
- Introducing the PlayingWithMedia.com Video Library - 2014
- Show What You Know with Media - 2014
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012
- Podcast385: Interview with Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi (Glenn Stoops) - 2011
- Blackboard Users: Consider the Parable of The Tailor - 2010