Adam Neff is the coach of the undefeated, state football champion Raiders of Maryetta School in Stilwell, Oklahoma. (Their junior high school football team was undefeated with an 11-0 record this year and are the 2011 O.R.E.S. Division I State Champions.) Adam is not just a remarkable educator for his coaching skills, he’s also an outstanding science and technology teacher. In our five minute interview yesterday, Adam shared some amazing things he’s doing with 7th and 8th graders using the virtual world/simulation software Minecraft. Not only are they using Minecraft for science lessons, they are also in the process of creating a virtual world for an “Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom” video contest. What a great example of creativity, innovation, and student-centered learning! Stilwell families are lucky indeed to have Adam Neff as a local teacher, and the supportive administration which continues to make their 1:1 laptop initiative for middle schoolers a success! (I made a brief mic adjustment early in the interview which affected volume, my apologies… it’s just a brief change which was rapidly fixed.)
This story is just one recent example of the engaging, creative and outstanding learning opportunities provided by PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS in the great state of Oklahoma. Way to go, Adam Neff and Maryetta students! (This audio is available both from my site and from Cinch.)
[wpaudio url=”http://www.speedofcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/minecraft-neff.mp3″ text=”Adam Neff Interview – Using Minecraft for Virtual Simulations & Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom”]
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Help Students Use Icons and Photos in Narrated Slideshows - 2018
- Add Kindle MOBI eBook to WordPress Online Store - 2014
- Improving Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Skills with Media - 2011
- Why Veteran's Day is November 11th - 2011
- Video Tributes to Oklahoma and Kansas Military Veterans - 2010
- Digital Citizenship in Libraries: Constructively Leveraging the Power of the Social Web - 2009
- A reminder from Linus about how important personal recognition can be - 2009
- WikiPedia to go (an offline download for schools) - 2008
- Making the case for a safe, moderated learning community for Oklahoma schools - 2008
- Pleased with Plaxo - 2007