Adam Neff is the coach of the undefeated, state football champion Raiders of Maryetta School in Stilwell, Oklahoma. (Their junior high school football team was undefeated with an 11-0 record this year and are the 2011 O.R.E.S. Division I State Champions.) Adam is not just a remarkable educator for his coaching skills, he’s also an outstanding science and technology teacher. In our five minute interview yesterday, Adam shared some amazing things he’s doing with 7th and 8th graders using the virtual world/simulation software Minecraft. Not only are they using Minecraft for science lessons, they are also in the process of creating a virtual world for an “Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom” video contest. What a great example of creativity, innovation, and student-centered learning! Stilwell families are lucky indeed to have Adam Neff as a local teacher, and the supportive administration which continues to make their 1:1 laptop initiative for middle schoolers a success! (I made a brief mic adjustment early in the interview which affected volume, my apologies… it’s just a brief change which was rapidly fixed.)
This story is just one recent example of the engaging, creative and outstanding learning opportunities provided by PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS in the great state of Oklahoma. Way to go, Adam Neff and Maryetta students! (This audio is available both from my site and from Cinch.)
[wpaudio url=”http://www.speedofcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/minecraft-neff.mp3″ text=”Adam Neff Interview – Using Minecraft for Virtual Simulations & Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom”]
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Add Kindle MOBI eBook to WordPress Online Store - 2014
- Improving Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Skills with Media - 2011
- Why Veteran's Day is November 11th - 2011
- Video Tributes to Oklahoma and Kansas Military Veterans - 2010
- Digital Citizenship in Libraries: Constructively Leveraging the Power of the Social Web - 2009
- A reminder from Linus about how important personal recognition can be - 2009
- WikiPedia to go (an offline download for schools) - 2008
- Making the case for a safe, moderated learning community for Oklahoma schools - 2008
- Pleased with Plaxo - 2007
- Astronaut courage and NASA ingenuity shown again - 2007