DEFINITION: “Phonecasting is a portmanteau of telephone and podcasting, and simply means recording and listening to podcasts with a phone.”
This is the slidecast (synchronized audio and presentation slides) for my final dissertation defense in Curriculum and Instruction at Texas Tech University today. The title of my dissertation was, “Impact Analysis of Phonecasted Lecture Summaries.” My research question was, “Does the use of student summary lecture phonecasting relate to student academic achievement, controlling for the effects of prior academic differences?” I DID pass the dissertation defense today, so I’m officially “Dr. Fryer!” I am still making some additions to my final dissertation, so its publication will be delayed pending completion of those changes.
Many, many thanks for everyone’s kind words of support and celebration today!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Discount this weekend: Playing with Media eBook 50% off thru Nov 20th! - 2011
- MASSCUE XO Learning Moments - 2008
- No laptops at our meeting! - 2008
- All A Twitter about Twitter by Beth Knittle - 2008
- Discussing the Megan Meier MySpace / Suicide Tragedy - 2007
- Facing the realities of bullying in our schools and communities - 2007
- Thinking Coffee 2.0 - 2007
- Changing expectations of learning - 2007
- Podcast102: Looking at Dead and Emerging Technologies - 2006