DEFINITION: “Phonecasting is a portmanteau of telephone and podcasting, and simply means recording and listening to podcasts with a phone.”
This is the slidecast (synchronized audio and presentation slides) for my final dissertation defense in Curriculum and Instruction at Texas Tech University today. The title of my dissertation was, “Impact Analysis of Phonecasted Lecture Summaries.” My research question was, “Does the use of student summary lecture phonecasting relate to student academic achievement, controlling for the effects of prior academic differences?” I DID pass the dissertation defense today, so I’m officially “Dr. Fryer!” I am still making some additions to my final dissertation, so its publication will be delayed pending completion of those changes.
Many, many thanks for everyone’s kind words of support and celebration today!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Discount this weekend: Playing with Media eBook 50% off thru Nov 20th! - 2011
- MASSCUE XO Learning Moments - 2008
- No laptops at our meeting! - 2008
- All A Twitter about Twitter by Beth Knittle - 2008
- Discussing the Megan Meier MySpace / Suicide Tragedy - 2007
- Facing the realities of bullying in our schools and communities - 2007
- Thinking Coffee 2.0 - 2007
- Changing expectations of learning - 2007
- Podcast102: Looking at Dead and Emerging Technologies - 2006