The ‘regular week’ presentations of the 2011 K-12 Online Conference start tomorrow on Monday, November 28th, at 8 am EST! Please check our conference schedule the next two weeks for daily updates, Monday through Friday! 4 new presentations will be published daily, focusing on our theme, “Purposeful Play.”
Professional development certificates for participation are available this year. These are not only available for new presentations in our 2011 conference, but also for our 200+ past presentations.
If you are not already, please subscribe to our blog, follow us on Twitter, and ‘like’ us on Facebook! We’ll be updating all of these channels throughout the next two weeks as we publish 41 new presentations to complement the fantastic pre-conference keynote shared last Monday by Angela Maiers: “The Sandbox Manifesto.”
Also, remember we are discontinuing the use of our Ning website this year, so all content and commenting will take place on our main website/blog: k12onlineconference.org. Please also tweet about the conference using the hashtag #k12online and share us via Facebook and Google+.
Please share the word about our FREE, fantastic online conference with other educators. We’ve created a PDF flyer you can forward and share.
Thanks for participating and sharing the 2011 K-12 Online Conference!
Your 2011 Conference Organizers
- Peggy George
- Susan van Gelder
- Kim Caise
- Jose Rodriguez (convening “Sandbox Play”)
- Ginger Lumen (convening “Level Up”)
- Darren Kuropatwa (convening “Story Time”)
- Wesley Fryer (convening “Team Captains”)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Lessons Learned Using Nearpod Presentations on iPads with Students - 2013
- Introducing 4th and 5th Graders to Scratch Software Possibilities - 2012
- A High School Student Tweet Heard 'Round Kansas - 2011
- How many screens at Thanksgiving? - 2010
- WatchKnow vets educational YouTube videos - 2009
- Examples of digital storytelling types - 2008
- Sharing purchased iPhone applications and iTunes songs with family members - 2008
- Learn and share about OLPC - 2008
- Successful XO Laptop Firmware Upgrade - 2008
- Podcast294: An Interview with NASA Flight Engineer Tom Weichel discussing Gemini, Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 - 2008