This video is a great example of fair use and legal video remixing. Show this to your students and discuss it. Is this legal? Are the creators going to be sued by Lucasfilm? Why or why not? See copyright and fair use resources from the Media Education Lab at Temple University for more on this. I also have helpful links (and a free chapter of my eBook) on the copyright page of playingwithmedia.com.
Hat tip to Dawn Pearce for sharing this.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Create Clever Information Traps with Zoo Tool, Posterous, & ifttt - 2011
- Holiday Video Fun with an iPhone and iMovie 09 - 2009
- Download Fan Fiction Books and Read Offline on an iPhone / iPod Touch with Stanza - 2009
- Live (and archived) student news from Howe, Oklahoma! - 2008
- Santa prefers cheese corn to cookies on Christmas Eve - 2008
- Podcast210: Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning (Workshop Part 1) - 2007