This podcast is a a recording of Cheryl Beaman and Michelle Barnes’ presentation, “Implementing 1:1 Classrooms” at the 2011 Innovative Learning Institute in Norman, Oklahoma, on November 10th. This annual conference is hosted by the K-20 Center at the University of Oklahoma. Cheryl Beaman is the director of technology for Grandview Public Schools, and Michelle Barnes is a 6th grade reading teacher as well as technology integration specialist in Grandview Schools. Grandview school leaders not only have the RIGHT vision and focus for their 1:1 program, they also have the RIGHT policies (driven by administrative vision for learning) when it comes to school Internet content filtering and professional development. This was a fantastic session and you don’t want to miss it! If only ALL our school leaders in Oklahoma could have the vision, passion, and understanding of digital learning like leaders of Grand View Public Schools do! The official session description was: “Our school has gone from two computer labs to interactive whiteboards to a 1:1 laptop project in a little over a year. What it takes… what to watch out for… what you can prepare for… and what you can expect.” As you’ll hear in their presentation, the network infrastructure and Internet bandwidth are key parts of the successful foundation built for digital learning in Grand View Schools. NewNet 66 has been and continues to be a key partner for the district when it comes to networking, connectivity, infrastructure, etc. Last year at the ILI Cheryl and Michelle’s presentation was absolutely the BEST and most inspiring presentation I was able to attend. This year I was not able to attend in person because of my scheduled presentation, but Dawn Pearce DID make it and recorded this session with permission. MANY thanks to Cheryl, Michelle, and Dawn. Enjoy and be inspired by some of Oklahoma’s finest, most creative and passionate educators! Please refer to the podcast shownotes for links to additional information and ways to connect further with Cheryl and Michelle.
- Grand View Public Schools (Oklahoma) Digital 1:1 Project
- Grand View Public Schools, Oklahoma
- Michelle Barnes, 2011 OTA Technology Leader of the Year
- Michelle Barnes on Twitter: @MbarnesGV
- Grandview Tech Blog
- Mrs. Barnes’ Class on Twitter: @MrsBarnesClass
- LoTi: Levels of Teaching Innovation
- Implementing 1:1 Prepare Our Students for Their Future… TODAY! (Nov 2010 ILI presentation by Cheryl Beaman and Michelle Barnes)
- NewNet 66: Delivering Technology to Oklahoma Schools (Grand View Schools’ networking partner)
- K20 Innovative Learning Institute (Norman, Oklahoma)
- K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wesley Fryer’s supplementary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Photos of our Ice Storm in Oklahoma City (Dec 2013) - 2013
- Setting Up a Skype Home Phone - 2012
- The HDR Photo Difference - 2010
- Clever Operation Chokehold Spoof Video - 2009
- Terrorist groups are recruiting online - What about your school, club or organization? - 2009
- Podcast297: An Oklahoma One to One Fairy Tale Obstructed By The School Secretary - 2008
- Understanding the way forward for copyright reformers - 2007
- Walled garden DSN apps - 2006
- Kudos to all K-12 Online presenters and participants - 2006
- Accessibility, skype, email and info management - 2006