This weekend was my second opportunity to attend and participate in the annual Trapper’s Rendezvous campout held about 30 minutes west of Newton in southcentral Kansas. Two years ago, I shot a series of videos of different “mountain men” character re-enactors. (“Storychasing the 2010 Trappers Rendezvous“) My favorite video from that trip, however, was the video interview, “Trading an Alligator Tooth for a Laptop.” Those videography experiences encouraged me to create a longer (13.5 minute) documentary this year with my iPhone. The high definition upload was a little over 1 GB in size, which makes it the largest, edited video I’ve shared online to date. Many thanks to everyone who agreed to be interviewed for this video. Enjoy!
More photos are available in this Flickr set. Also check out the ten minute video I posted from the weekend, “7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, Bushwhackers, and Jayhawkers (Kansas in 1861 – 1865)“.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Free Home Internet Filtering option (OpenDNS) - 2014
- Amazing Minecraft Webshows, Music Videos and Parody Animation Videos - 2013
- Recoverable and Resumable YouTube Uploads with Chrome and FireFox - 2012
- 7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, Bushwhackers, and Jayhawkers (Kansas in 1861 - 1865) - 2012
- Retrain, Retire or Resign: Options for Adult Paradigm Paralysis - 2011
- First XtraNormal Video: MySpace Suicide Prevention - 2011
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii - 2010
- Preparing for digital storytelling workshops (Celebrate Oklahoma Voices) - 2009
- ISTEconnects Blog - The Conversations Begin - 2009
- Content filtering and packet shaping going mainstream? - 2008