This video is a 73 second interview with Laquita Semmler, principal of Mustang Elementary in Mustang, Oklahoma. Mrs. Semmler won a $2000 technology grant from the Oklahoma Association of Elementary School Principals (OAESP) at the mid-winter conference on January 20, 2012, in Oklahoma City. She is planning to use the funds from the grant to purchase a new iMac computer and mobile cameras to provide students with tools to be videographers and journalists for their school website.
Instead of Flip cameras, which have been discontinued by Cisco and do not import video in a Mac-friendly format, Storychasers recommends student videography teams use iPod Touches or iPads for quick-edit videography. In addition, an external microphone is a MUST to improve audio quality. (A $60 iRig mic, available via the Apple Store, was used in the video above.)
Congrats to Mustang Elementary students and staff, and kudos to Mrs. Seemler for applying for and winning this student technology grant!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Feb 8: Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch - 2013
- Highlights from the 2013 Trappers Rendezvous Campout - 2013
- Create a Custom Digital Newspaper on your iPad with Flipboard & Google Reader - 2012
- Vision for Educational Leadership in 30 Seconds: A Challenge #digitalvision2011 - 2011
- Things I Want To Model As Your Teacher - 2010
- iTunes - Age Restricted Material - 2010
- Taking class attendance with cell phone SMS messages and PollEverywhere - 2010
- Geotagged iReports from President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Podcast219: Powerful Tools, Powerful Possibilities - 2008
- Reflections on Dr. King's Dream - 2008