If you have not already, take 91 seconds and watch the YouTube video, “Google Chrome: Dear Sophie.” It’s a fast-paced, touching look at how some dads are using digital technology to document, share and preserve the lives of their family and their love for their kids. It’s a compelling bit of media, and an outstanding example of digital storytelling. And, of course, it’s an ad for Google Chrome. Who would have guessed? If you’re a parent and aren’t touched by this, see your doctor ASAP to confirm you’re still lucid.
Great job, Google geek and dad Daniel Lee.
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 5 Advantages and 5 Disadvantages to Consider Selling an eBook on Your Own Website - 2013
- Common Core Transition Ideas via Marzano - 2012
- Mountains, Gandalf, Mountains! #mtvision - 2011
- Social Media and the 2011 State of the Union Address - 2011
- Arts Integration at Wilson Elementary in OKCPS - 2010
- Reflections on home content filtering and OpenDNS after a year of use - 2009
- Iran, Sovereignty, Colonialism and the Values of the West - 2009
- Digital Citizenship Video Q&A: Round 1 - 2008
- Talking about educational blogging with wider audiences - 2007
- Stopping Genocide in Darfur - 2006