I received an email today from an educator in Oklahoma City interested in attending one of my workshops on technology integration in upcoming weeks. I thought I’d cross-post the information I sent him in case this is of interest to others.
I’m sharing a couple sessions at OTA/Encyclomedia in two weeks in OKC and several at Heartland eLearning at UCO in Edmond in early March. These are all listed on wiki.wesfryer.com. My upcoming OKC-area workshops/presentations are:
- 02-07 Creating Multimedia eBooks – Room 6 from 2:45 – 3:45
- 02-07 Simple Ideas for Powerful Sharing – Room 6 from 1:00 – 2:00
- 03-05 Workshop: Playing with Media: No-Edit Audio Recording
- 03-05 Workshop: Playing with Media: Quick-Edit Videography
- 03-06 Bridges to Musical and Artistic Creativity
Also I’m doing a full day iPad Productivity Apps workshop on April 19th in OKC, information and registration details are on iPadwithWes.com.
It’s short notice, but tomorrow evening I’ll be speaking about designing websites with WordPress for mobile platforms like iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) as well as Android – basically using free mobile themes. This is free at the monthly OKC WordPress meetup, held at “The Div” in Edmond. More info is on the Oklahoma City WordPress User Group’s MeetUp website. I’m not positive but there’s a good chance this session may be live-streamed free via Ustream. If it is I’ll tweet it out.
If you’re in or around the Oklahoma City area, I hope to see you at one of these upcoming learning events!
If you’re interested in checking my availability for a presentation in your district or for your organization, please contact me via the inquiry form on my Speaking page.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- FREE Enhanced eBook for Kids: "Snowflake Gets Lost" by Rachel Fryer - 2012
- iGrill, iRig & Mikey - 2011
- iPad, OER, and Custom Course Web Applications / iApps - 2010
- High Definition USB 2.0 Hue Webcam - 2010
- Comments from Drew Edmondson at the 2009 OU K20 MidWinter Conference - 2009
- Notes on Dr. Scott McLeod's follow up session at OU K20 MidWinter - 2009
- Comments from Oklahoma Lt Governor Jari Askins on Oklahoma Education - 2009
- Notes from Dr. Scott McLeod's keynote at the OU K-20 Center's 2009 MidWinter Conference - 2009
- International Education Partnerships: The Need for a Global Perspective - 2009
- How should EduCon influence NECC? - 2009