Two of my top goals as an education advocate and “innovative instructional coach” in Yukon Public Schools this semester are to:
- help teachers overcome their fears about using multimedia with students to develop literacy skills
- encourage teachers to SHARE more
As I prepared for the two presentations I shared on Tuesday this week at our statewide educational technology and library conference in Oklahoma, I searched for compelling images which convey ideas about sharing. These ideals will hopefully be manifested in the new website project, Oklahoma EduSHARE. Some of these images are funny, some are poignant. All of them say, with pictures, “I’m sharing.” I love visual media which communicates in compelling ways.
Do you have a favorite image of SHARING? Consider taking that on as a professional development activity challenge in upcoming months: Working with a partner, take a photo which communicates some aspect of SHARING. Alternatively, find an image which visually represents SHARING. When you take or find a photo, post the image to Flickr and/or share it on Twitter using the tag/hashtag edushare / #edushare.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Podcast370: Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- To what countries have you Skyped? (from Mississippi) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010
- Bribery apparently not a "new argument" for the Oklahoma Supreme Court - 2010