Two of my top goals as an education advocate and “innovative instructional coach” in Yukon Public Schools this semester are to:
- help teachers overcome their fears about using multimedia with students to develop literacy skills
- encourage teachers to SHARE more
As I prepared for the two presentations I shared on Tuesday this week at our statewide educational technology and library conference in Oklahoma, I searched for compelling images which convey ideas about sharing. These ideals will hopefully be manifested in the new website project, Oklahoma EduSHARE. Some of these images are funny, some are poignant. All of them say, with pictures, “I’m sharing.” I love visual media which communicates in compelling ways.
Do you have a favorite image of SHARING? Consider taking that on as a professional development activity challenge in upcoming months: Working with a partner, take a photo which communicates some aspect of SHARING. Alternatively, find an image which visually represents SHARING. When you take or find a photo, post the image to Flickr and/or share it on Twitter using the tag/hashtag edushare / #edushare.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Good Fair Use Copyright Example in School: "Communities" and The Lion Sleeps Tonight - 2020
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Podcast370: Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- To what countries have you Skyped? (from Mississippi) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010