(cross-posted from Instructional FAQs for Yukon Public Schools)
When you post a video to YouTube, it is a good idea to turn ON comment moderation. As of this writing in February 2012, it is not possible to make “comment moderation ON” a default setting in YouTube. Follow these three steps after uploading a video to turn on comment moderation.
First, click EDIT info on the video you want to change.
Second, click SETTINGS.
Third, under COMMENTS choose ALLOW ALL COMMENTS WITH APPROVAL ONLY, then click SAVE CHANGES.
Now you’ll need to approve comments on that video before they will show up publicly for others to view.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Publish a Combined iCloud Calendar and Google Calendar - 2012
- Vimeo or YouTube? Where to Post Family Videos? - 2012
- Snow Day Scratch Fun: Using the Broadcast Tag - 2011
- Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop - 2010
- Great Project Based Learning Resources from the Buck Institute for Education and EduTopia - 2010
- Great quotations about learning with images - 2010
- Summarizing concepts in 5 or 6 images - 2010
- Podcast338: Bring Curriculum Alive with SCRATCH by Susan Andrews and Students - 2010
- SINGing the Praises of NING by Dawn Danker - 2009
- Anonymous Proxies, Spam and Email Archiving Simplified and Explained - 2009