This podcast by Wesley Fryer is an attempted synthesis of a variety of issues and updates mentioned in conference presentations, workshops, and news articles from the past several weeks regarding Oklahoma “educational reform” efforts. These include our state’s transition to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), the Teacher Leader Evaluation (TLE) system, proposed legislative changes for K-12 schools regarding virtual schools and other issues involving mandated, high stakes testing and teacher evaluation. As is the case with ALL the content on my blog, these opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of my past, present, or future employers. Please share feedback or questions as comments to this post. Lots is happening in our state with respect to “school reform,” and we need to remain informed as voters as well as advocates for our children.
- Oklahoma EDUshare
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (official website)
- Common Core Transition Ideas via Marzano (workshop notes, 26 Jan 2012)
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh with Marzano Research (1 of 2 – 24 Jan 2012)
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh with Marzano Research (2 of 2 – 24 Jan 2012)
- Teacher Leader Effectiveness (TLE) and the Tulsa Model (my notes at OAESP – 20 Jan 2012)
- What’s So Common About Common Core? (my notes at OAESP – 19 Jan 2012)
- NCLB Waivers: Implications for Testing, Standards Implementation (EdWeek blog post – 10 Feb 2012)
- Executive Summary of Oklahoma’s ESEA Flexibility Request (5 page PDF, from Oklahoma SDE website)
- Digital Learning Now (organization articulating Oklahoma’s current educational reform efforts)
- Roadmap for Reform from Digital Learning Now (includes 72 different metrics)
- 10 Elements of High Quality Digital Learning (note teachers and the importance of teacher/student relationships don’t figure high here)
- Supplemental Oklahoma Rules for K-12 Online Courses (my post – 17 Jan 2012)
- How to Make Your High School Students Fail Online Courses (my notes from ODLA – 9 Nov 2012)
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching (my notes at OTA – 7 Feb 2012)
- A Call to Increase the Volume of our Profession in Educational Politics (my notes at OAESP – 19 Jan 2012)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARC Consortium for CCSS Testing/Assessments, Oklahoma is a member)
- A Response to the Alleged Consensus on America’s Failing Schools (my post – 12 Feb 2012)
- Remember TEACHERS Make the Biggest Difference, Not Devices (my post – 20 Jan 2012)
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi (my notes at OTA/EncycloMedia – February 2012)
- Janet Barresi’s ODLA 2011 Keynote (my notes – November 2011)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPad Classroom Workflow: Publishing Student Videos to YouTube - 2015
- iPad Apps for PreK Aides and Students (Feb 2013) - 2013
- A Response to the Alleged Consensus on America's Failing Schools - 2012
- 24-25 February 2011: Google Tools Workshops in Claremore, Oklahoma (Tulsa area) - 2011
- There Is Not Failure - Just Learning (Death of a Social Network in Tulsa, Oklahoma) - 2011
- Podcast228: Pedagogic Crimes Against Students - 2008
- Google Tools and Digital Dialog - 2007
- FETC Podcasts - 2007
- How much bandwidth will that podcast consume? - 2007
- Unimproved ends? - 2006