Some 5th grade students at Lakeview Elementary School in Yukon Public Schools are developing their problem solving and computational thinking skills using Lego WeDo Robotics kits. On February 13, 2012, fifth graders Cade and Thomas used the graphical, icon-based programming environment of the Lego WeDo Robotic software to control the motor of a Lego project other students created. In this two minute audio interview, they describe what they are doing with Lego WeDo Robotics and why they enjoy learning how to program a basic robot.
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Online Petition: Oklahoma City Public Schools Must Adopt Balanced Internet Content Filtering Policies - 2012
- Set Up a Moderated Class Blog on Posterous - 2011
- Beware of Inappropriate Ads on Free Classroom Websites - 2011
- Podcast371: Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs #msmeca11 - 2011
- Favorite photos and videos from METC 2010 - 2010
- Planning outline for METC 2010 keynote - 2010
- Scan at higher resolutions with Preview on your Mac - 2010
- PollEverywhere grappling with Monetization and Free Educator Plans - 2010
- Using Skype to Collaborate (Classroom 2.0 Live this Saturday morning) - 2009
- Sub-$100 Netbooks are coming - 2009