Sometimes, to teach a class, its can be helpful to save a local, temporary copy of a YouTube video to your computer and transfer it to an iPad. Then the iPad can play the video from its “Photo Roll” without being connected to the Internet. This is especially helpful in places where wifi Internet access to YouTube is not available. In this four minute tutorial, Wesley Fryer explains how to use the free website saveyoutube.com along with the $2 iPad application PhotoSync (and free desktop companion software) to do this.
Learn more and access more iPad-specific tutorials focusing on productivity on:
For a non-video version of this tutorial, see my January 2012 post, “Temporarily Copy Offline YouTube Videos to Your iPad.” For insight into copyright / intellectual property disagreements which exist for this type of TEMPORART/short-term, offline downloading of YouTube videos for educational/non-commercial purposes (if you’re a member of the Google Certified Teachers Google Group) see this discussion thread. I specifically address the copyright implications of making and using temporary copies of YouTube videos for educational purposes in my eBook and book, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast459: Highlights from OETC 2018 - 2018
- Les Miserables 2012: A Powerful Film That Will Make You Weep - 2013
- Use Google to Identify Plagiarism & Teach How to Avoid Committing It - 2013
- An Attempt to Redefine "Educationally Appropriate Online Courses" in Oklahoma - 2013
- Heartland eLearning Conference with Michael Wesch: 7-8 March 2011 in Edmond, OK #HeartlandConf11 - 2011
- How to Subscribe to a Website as a Channel in Google Reader, and Categorize / Organize it in a Folder - 2011
- Heartland eLearning Conference: 8-9 March 2010 - 2010
- Dan Pink and Clay Shirky: Online with Steve Hargadon - 2010
- Review of Ustream Producer by Dean Mantz - 2010
- Podcast302: Copyright for Educators (ITSC 2009 Portland) - 2009