Tomorrow I’m sharing a repeated 1.5 hour workshop for teachers in Yukon Public Schools (in Oklahoma) titled, “simple ideas for powerful sharing.” In addition to having fun and experiencing a “paperless learning experience,” I hope all the teachers participating in the workshop will successfully experience new ways for sharing digital text, digital audio, images and video. For the shared audio recording activity, I’m going to play the following 104 second video telling a story related a couple weeks ago on the Yukon Public Schools Learning Showcase website. It’s a simple but important story about parental feedback on a student blog.
All the activities we’ll do together in the workshop are included in a twenty slide Google Presentation, which I’ve also embedded on a revised “Workshops” page of playingwithmedia.com. I’m particularly looking forward to using Yodio.com for the first time in a workshop as a phonecasting platform. Tonight’s test with my family members was successful, so hopefully tomorrow’s workshop phonecasts will be too! If you know of another free phonecasting platform in addition to Cinch, iPadio and Yodio, please let me know by leaving a comment.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning About Wellness from David Mochel - 2018
- Tweeting Our Learning in USD 383 - Manhattan, Kansas - 2015
- Educational Vouchers are a BAD Idea for Oklahoma Students and Families (HB 3398) - 2014
- A Story About Plagiarsim and Group Projects - 2013
- Another good reason for 1:1 learning at college - 2010
- Students interviewing students over Skype at school - 2009
- Join in book talk conversations about Little Brother by Cory Doctorow - 2009
- Does your organization embrace innovation and creativity, or seek to shoot change agents? - 2009
- Mathcasts and Presidential reports on VoiceThread - 2008
- Boundaries of IM and SMS messaging with students - 2008