Tomorrow I’m sharing a repeated 1.5 hour workshop for teachers in Yukon Public Schools (in Oklahoma) titled, “simple ideas for powerful sharing.” In addition to having fun and experiencing a “paperless learning experience,” I hope all the teachers participating in the workshop will successfully experience new ways for sharing digital text, digital audio, images and video. For the shared audio recording activity, I’m going to play the following 104 second video telling a story related a couple weeks ago on the Yukon Public Schools Learning Showcase website. It’s a simple but important story about parental feedback on a student blog.
All the activities we’ll do together in the workshop are included in a twenty slide Google Presentation, which I’ve also embedded on a revised “Workshops” page of playingwithmedia.com. I’m particularly looking forward to using Yodio.com for the first time in a workshop as a phonecasting platform. Tonight’s test with my family members was successful, so hopefully tomorrow’s workshop phonecasts will be too! If you know of another free phonecasting platform in addition to Cinch, iPadio and Yodio, please let me know by leaving a comment.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learning About Wellness from David Mochel - 2018
- Tweeting Our Learning in USD 383 - Manhattan, Kansas - 2015
- Educational Vouchers are a BAD Idea for Oklahoma Students and Families (HB 3398) - 2014
- Podcast399: Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - An Interview with Dustin Curzon - 2013
- A Story About Plagiarsim and Group Projects - 2013
- Another good reason for 1:1 learning at college - 2010
- Students interviewing students over Skype at school - 2009
- Join in book talk conversations about Little Brother by Cory Doctorow - 2009
- Does your organization embrace innovation and creativity, or seek to shoot change agents? - 2009
- Mathcasts and Presidential reports on VoiceThread - 2008