In this 11 minute screencast, I demonstrate how to use free software tools including Audacity, The Levellator, and Switch to “normalize” an audio recording before publishing it as a podcast. The process of normalization makes the volume levels in a recording more even, so the listening experience is better for podcast subscribers. The Levellator only accepts uncompressed audio files, like WAV files, to perform the normalization process. Switch software is handy to compress the resulting normalized file into a lower bitrate mp3 file which is MUCH smaller in size and faster to download.
Access the audio podcast mentioned in this screencast, “STEM ? Successfully Targeting Elementary Minds,” on the “Yukon PD Podcasts” website created as a free blog on Posterous.com. Access and subscribe to the free “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” audio podcast, also referenced in the video, on audio.speedofcreativity.org.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Video Tutorial: Virtual Office Hours with Google Hangouts Meet - 2020
- First STEM seeds Show: Monday March 3, 2014 - 2014
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- 5 options for commenting on VoiceThread digital stories - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010
- Netbooks prove cloud computing is a reality - 2009