This podcast is a recording of Wesley Fryer’s keynote address on March 3, 2012, at the Enhancing Teaching & Learning Conference hosted by the Kansas City Professional Development Council in Kansas City, Missouri. The session description was: Interested in helping students become better readers, writers, and critical thinkers? We need to “play with media” to become more effective communicators and improve our media literacy skills as both learners and citizens. As you learn to play with digital text, images, audio and video, you will communicate more creatively and flexibly with a wider variety of options. Author and educator Wesley Fryer will inspire and empower you, as a creative person, to expand your personal senses of digital literacy and digital agency as a multimedia communicator! Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to referenced videos and resources, as well as the presentation slides on SlideShare.
- Presentation slides available via SlideShare
- Waldseemüller map (English WikiPedia)
- NMC Horizon Report: 2012 Higher Education Edition (YouTube video summary)
- Image Resources from PlayingWithMedia.com
- Jose Bowen, Dean of SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts (YouTube video from August 2010)
- US in a converging world, Hans Rosling on CNN – Fareed Zakaria using GapMinder visualization videos (5.5 min YouTube video)
- Additional presentation links available on Wesley’s professional wiki
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- EduBrawl! Pros Debate Mobile, Flipped and Games - 2013
- iPad: A Tool for Differentiation (in a primary classroom) #mace11 #edapp - 2011
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Founding Fathers (a book club discussion) - 2010
- Two Flowers Unblocks Ning - 2010
- Web 2.0 Projects by Laura Sadler #mace2010 - 2010
- Cell Phones R 4 More Than Texting: Let's plan for them, not ban them! - 2010
- Free Resources from Discovery Education #mace2010 - 2010
- Janet Wozniak: Think back to the reason you got into education: To change the world - 2010
- It takes leadership to get creative in schools and support the use of Skype - 2010
- Kansas Memory: Real Stories, Real People #mace2010 - 2010