Heidi Hayes Jacobs is well known in the world of K-12 curriculum mapping, and she’s exploring the boundaries of “interactive textbooks” with a new project, “Mapping to the Core” LiveBook and LivePlanner. Educators involved in Common Core State Standards (CCSS) adoption and transitions may be interested in checking this out. Unfortunately Heidi’s website does not disclose a price for this “LiveBook,” instead visitors are encouraged to contact the company for more information.
In addition to offering multimedia within the eBook (images, audio, video, and links) and the opportunity for readers to make personal annotations / notes, “Livebooks” are touted to offer “author interaction,” discussion forums, interactive polls, social media sharing opportunities and the ability to upload personal work samples which can remain private or be shared publicly online. This is similar to the functionality David Warlick described to me last week at the #beyondthetextbook forum in Washington D.C., experimenting with Apple Dashboard Widgets in iBooks Author. Very interesting.
Hat tip to Mary Beth Hertz for sharing this last week from the ASCD conference.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Value of Low Tech: Paper Slide Videos - 2013
- WordPress Basics by Lisa Sabin-Wilson - 2012
- Deep, Deep Dive into Digital: It's Wild in There! by Hall Davidson #pbtechconf - 2010
- Charting a Course for Technology in Florida by Dr. Kate Kemker #pbtechconf - 2010
- Creating Immersive Learning Environments with Mixed Media by David Jakes #pbtechconf - 2010
- 19 Oklahoma Schools Receive 2010-2011 1:1 laptop grant funds via ARRA - 2010
- Easily customizing WordPress for Mobile Users - 2009
- Now this is a SLOWWWWW Internet connection - 2008
- Fast Company mention - 2007
- People will educate themselves? - 2007