Heidi Hayes Jacobs is well known in the world of K-12 curriculum mapping, and she’s exploring the boundaries of “interactive textbooks” with a new project, “Mapping to the Core” LiveBook and LivePlanner. Educators involved in Common Core State Standards (CCSS) adoption and transitions may be interested in checking this out. Unfortunately Heidi’s website does not disclose a price for this “LiveBook,” instead visitors are encouraged to contact the company for more information.
In addition to offering multimedia within the eBook (images, audio, video, and links) and the opportunity for readers to make personal annotations / notes, “Livebooks” are touted to offer “author interaction,” discussion forums, interactive polls, social media sharing opportunities and the ability to upload personal work samples which can remain private or be shared publicly online. This is similar to the functionality David Warlick described to me last week at the #beyondthetextbook forum in Washington D.C., experimenting with Apple Dashboard Widgets in iBooks Author. Very interesting.
Hat tip to Mary Beth Hertz for sharing this last week from the ASCD conference.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Cloud Print Not Working with Brother Printer - 2016
- Value of Low Tech: Paper Slide Videos - 2013
- WordPress Basics by Lisa Sabin-Wilson - 2012
- Deep, Deep Dive into Digital: It's Wild in There! by Hall Davidson #pbtechconf - 2010
- Charting a Course for Technology in Florida by Dr. Kate Kemker #pbtechconf - 2010
- Creating Immersive Learning Environments with Mixed Media by David Jakes #pbtechconf - 2010
- 19 Oklahoma Schools Receive 2010-2011 1:1 laptop grant funds via ARRA - 2010
- Easily customizing WordPress for Mobile Users - 2009
- Now this is a SLOWWWWW Internet connection - 2008
- Fast Company mention - 2007