I’m headed to south Texas this weekend for an annual men’s conference, and am looking forward to sharing a breakout session this year. For my handout, I opted to make a “bookmark size” flyer and primarily feature three QR codes. I used the website qrcode.kaywa.com to create the first two QR codes, and www.qrstuff.com for the third code which includes contact information.
I generally don’t see many QR codes outside of educational technology conferences, but they are making more appearances. A few months ago I noticed this one on a ketchup bottle at a restaurant.
Currently my favorite QR Code scanning app (free) for my iPhone is i-nigma. These are the different iOS QR Code apps I have currently.
I was impressed how many presenters used QR Codes for their handout links at the Mobile 2012 Conference in Phoenix a few weeks ago. I’m not sure how many folks at our men’s conference this weekend will have QR Code scanner apps on their smartphones, but if even one does and my handout helps them connect to one of the links I’ve provided for the session I’ll be overjoyed! 🙂
I’m quite pleased for the first time, the conference center has created a podcast channel where they’ll be sharing some audio recordings from the weekend. Technology can be a powerful amplifier of ideas!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Thank You Teachers (Teacher Appreciation Week Message) - 2011
- Visually Capturing Stress in the White House During SEAL Operations Against Bin Laden - 2011
- Ning announces new pricing structure - Implications for Storychasers - 2010
- Quickly publish student writing with WordPress and iPadio (no-edit podcasts) - 2010
- Podcast314: An Innovative Partnership Supporting Families with Autistic Children in Central Oklahoma (Developing play skills, sharing resources, reducing isolation) - 2009
- Celebration of Collaboration - 2007
- Online science activities - 2006
- Just say no to fear - 2006