After you create a free teacher “channel” on YouTube, in addition to publishing/sharing videos there you can also EDIT them in basic ways. This support article from Google explains how to add, trim, customize, add audio and publish edited videos using the YouTube website editor. This is a fast way to make basic edits to videos you record with a Flip or other flash-based video camcorder.
Free software programs are also available for video editing, but the steps to use these programs can be much more time consuming than simply editing a video directly on YouTube. Free video editing programs include:
- iMovie (for Apple users, included as part of iLife software)
- Windows MovieMaker Live (for Windows 7 users)
- Windows MovieMaker (for WinXP users)
- Windows MovieMaker (for Windows Vista users)
If you have an iPad, the iMovie app for iPad is available for $5, educational volume purchasing discounts may apply depending on your location/context. More details about using the app are available on Wesley Fryer’s “iPad Quick Edit Videography” page.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- eBook Won't Open in iBooks (Closing & ReOpening an iPad App) - 2012
- FaceTime from the Michigan Avenue Apple Store - 2011
- Using the iReporter Theme on iMovie for iPad - 2011
- Window Washer on a Chicago Skyscraper - 2011
- iPad2 Mobile Interview with iRig Microphone - 2011
- Embedding "non-iframe" versions of Screenr Screencasts on WordPress - 2011
- Best News Apps for the iPad - 2010
- Hobo Signs, Symbols, and Parodied History - 2009
- K12Online08 Call for Proposals: Amplifying Possibilities - 2008
- links for 2008-05-07 - 2008