I’d like to be the first to personally invite you to iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City July 11, 12 and 13, 2012! iPad Media Camp is a three day series of hands-on workshops designed to inspire and equip educators to facilitate student media projects using iPads. Read more about each day’s planned learning activities on the workshop series Agenda page. The topics by day include:
Day 1: Screencasting and Narrated SlideShows
Day 2: Quick Edit Videography
Day 3: Interactive Writing and eBooks
My 11 year old daughter helped me create and record a two minute, narrated slideshow tonight (on an iPad, of course, using “Explain Everything”) to provide some highlights of what the workshop will include.
Please share this workshop opportunity with others in your school as well as PLN. While each day is designed to “stand alone” if you can’t attend all three days, I encourage you to attend the complete series. Discounts are available for educators attending two or three days of the workshop series. Details are on the registration page.
Please follow @iPadMediaCamp on Twitter to stay up to date. All workshop sessions will be held at the Presbyterian Health Foundation Conference Center in downtown Oklahoma City just south of the state capitol on Lincoln. That’s the same location as the “iPad Training for Business Productivity” workshop scheduled for this Thursday, May 10th.
Hope to see you at iPad Media Camp this summer! If you’re interested in bringing iPad Media Camp to your school, school district, or educational organization, please submit the website contact form.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009