Remember the plans you have today are unlikely to unfold in exactly the ways you’re anticipating now. Remember networking and personal connections are VITALLY important and they will open up doors for you that you haven’t even thought of now. Be open and flexible as new opportunities arise, but remain focused on not only your goals and dreams, but also the “core” of where you feel centered working and contributing. Remain true to your values. Never compromise your integrity. Choose your co-workers as well as your friends carefully. You will become more like them. It is possible to maintain focus and your work ethic in a ‘toxic’ environment filled with difficult people (or even just one difficult person) but in the long run it can be very draining. Count your blessings every day. Never underestimate the importance and value of kind words. Remember everyone you meet each day presents new opportunities for service and positive relationships. You don’t get any heartbeats back. Use them well.
Good luck to you!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Essential Technology Support Staff Skills and Characteristics - 2019
- 12 Gigs in 3 Minutes - 2014
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008