Remember the plans you have today are unlikely to unfold in exactly the ways you’re anticipating now. Remember networking and personal connections are VITALLY important and they will open up doors for you that you haven’t even thought of now. Be open and flexible as new opportunities arise, but remain focused on not only your goals and dreams, but also the “core” of where you feel centered working and contributing. Remain true to your values. Never compromise your integrity. Choose your co-workers as well as your friends carefully. You will become more like them. It is possible to maintain focus and your work ethic in a ‘toxic’ environment filled with difficult people (or even just one difficult person) but in the long run it can be very draining. Count your blessings every day. Never underestimate the importance and value of kind words. Remember everyone you meet each day presents new opportunities for service and positive relationships. You don’t get any heartbeats back. Use them well.
Good luck to you!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008
- Article consumption on the go - 2008
- links for 2008-05-14 - 2008