If you are a college administrator, please take note. The survey result below means (among other things) you should consider hiring more profs with 21st century digital literacy skills so they can share those skills with students. (Yes, this is also a shameless, self-promotional plug!)
…more than half of all students (56 percent) said they wished they had taken more computer and technology classes [as undergraduate students.]
Source: “Chasing the American Dream: Recent College Graduates and the Great Recession,” Heldrich Center for Workforce Development. Survey was “a nationally representative sample of 444 recent college graduates from the class of 2006 through 2011, with a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.”
Via Roger Shank:
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Essential Technology Support Staff Skills and Characteristics - 2019
- 12 Gigs in 3 Minutes - 2014
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008