The latest National Geographic magazine in the NG iPad app provides a realtime opportunity to track a current/live expedition to climb Mount Everest. You can see in the updated image of the mountain route the current position of the climbers at the base of the mountain. National Geographic is definitely pushing the boundaries of what is possible with iPad-based journalism, and it rocks! (Pun intended!) Check it out if you can.
If you don’t have access to an iPad and the means to purchase the latest NG issue, you can still follow the action with your web browser and read updates from the official expedition blog. It is formatted to look great within the NG iPad app, but it is also good looking as a standalone website. Great opportunities here to learn about geography and modern day explorations! It sounds like the decision to abandon the original plan to ascend on a western route because of minimal snow levels is the right one. I asked some questions on the blog post tonight after listening to today’s trip report uploaded to Soundcloud. How cool to be able to directly interact with team members from the other side of our planet! Small world indeed.
Blogged with WordPress for iPad
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Developing Communication Skills With YouTube & iPad Videos - 2013
- Praise for Audible's iOS App and Kevin Kelly - 2011
- Large hail damages car windows and Tinseltown Theater in Oklahoma City today - 2010
- A challenge to embrace digital texts - 2008
- Podcast251: Geocaching in the Classroom by Barbara Wilson - 2008
- links for 2008-05-16 - 2008
- Lessons learned from high school students enrolled in the Texas Virtual School - 2007
- Time to motivate tomorrow's aerospace engineers is today - 2007
- Podcasting by Mark S. Hudson (Pearson Achievement Solutions) - 2007
- Free content is the future - 2006