Internet-based television (IPTV) is continuing to disrupt traditional media broadcasting models. As we await the launch of Apple’s expected television set (iTV) integrating iOS app functions including Siri voice control, this process will only accelerate. Writing about IPTV opportunity costs in “Is a vast video library worth the time and money?“, Daniel Frankel notes:
“To launch a cable channel, you need a satellite, a sales staff … you’re in the hole $50 million to $100 million before you even know you have an audience,” he said. “With YouTube, you can be distributed everywhere overnight, and you don’t need to make those binary decisions.”
Is your school district leveraging the power and reach of YouTube yet? If not, when will you start? YouTube for Schools provides an excellent (and FREE) way for schools to provide STUDENT as well as teacher access to educational videos and provide teachers opportunities to publish video-based student work. Every teacher in your school district should have the option and opportunity to create a professional video channel on YouTube.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Director of Technology - Casady School - 2015
- Directly Download an Enhanced ePUB eBook to Your iPad - 2012
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com - 2011
- Digital Storytelling in Plain English - 2010
- Skirky and Pink on Cognitive Surplus, Motivation & Social Media - 2010
- Kansas Teachers: Register for Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) 4-6 August 2010! - 2010
- What does 21st century literacy prep mean 2U? - 2010
- Leave shopping loyalty cards at home - just bring your smartphone and Cardstar - 2010
- Howe 2008: The Last Lecture - 2008
- links for 2008-05-24 - 2008