Internet-based television (IPTV) is continuing to disrupt traditional media broadcasting models. As we await the launch of Apple’s expected television set (iTV) integrating iOS app functions including Siri voice control, this process will only accelerate. Writing about IPTV opportunity costs in “Is a vast video library worth the time and money?“, Daniel Frankel notes:
“To launch a cable channel, you need a satellite, a sales staff … you’re in the hole $50 million to $100 million before you even know you have an audience,” he said. “With YouTube, you can be distributed everywhere overnight, and you don’t need to make those binary decisions.”
Is your school district leveraging the power and reach of YouTube yet? If not, when will you start? YouTube for Schools provides an excellent (and FREE) way for schools to provide STUDENT as well as teacher access to educational videos and provide teachers opportunities to publish video-based student work. Every teacher in your school district should have the option and opportunity to create a professional video channel on YouTube.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Teacher Personal Laptop Purchase Advice: Mac Laptop or Chromebook - 2017
- Director of Technology - Casady School - 2015
- Directly Download an Enhanced ePUB eBook to Your iPad - 2012
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com - 2011
- Digital Storytelling in Plain English - 2010
- Skirky and Pink on Cognitive Surplus, Motivation & Social Media - 2010
- Kansas Teachers: Register for Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) 4-6 August 2010! - 2010
- What does 21st century literacy prep mean 2U? - 2010
- Leave shopping loyalty cards at home - just bring your smartphone and Cardstar - 2010
- Howe 2008: The Last Lecture - 2008