During today’s opening ceremony and keynote by Walter Echo-Hawk at the 2012 International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Bunky Echo-Hawk drew a fantastic, visual interpretation of the presentation. During my breakout session this morning on “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing,” I created an AudioBoo “no edit podcast recording” of my response to that drawing. In the presentation I made a mistake referring to Bunky’s tribal affiliations (Pawnee/Yakama) so I re-recorded the audio after the session with the correction. (Thanks to one of the session attendees for pointing this out to me afterward!)
Walter Echo-Hawk is the author of “In the Courts of the Conqueror: The 10 Worst Indian Law Cases Ever Decided.” I’ve added it to my Amazon wish list / to read soon list!
It was great to see Bunky’s artistic, visual interpretation of today’s keynote. The organizers of our conference have done a wonderful job blending artistic creativity and cultural expression with cognitive/cerebral learning opportunities.
I love living in Oklahoma where our cultures are so rich and diverse!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Digitizing Vintage Photographic Negatives and Prints - 2012
- Why Is Storytelling Important [VIDEO] - 2012
- AT&T ends unlimited iPhone data plans - 2010
- Apple pulled PixelPipe app in March 2010 - 2010
- NCLB damages US education by narrowing the curriculum - 2010
- Thanks Project Gutenberg for underwriting our 6th grade summer reading list - 2009
- The Power of a Well-Read Blog and the Adventures of Google Earth Girl - 2008
- New videos to share with educators - 2007
- The future is unwritten - 2007
- FORA.tv fixes ID3 tag issue - 2007