This iPad-edited podcast includes a 25 minute excerpt of the keynote address at the TechnoPalooza 2012 educational technology conference in Northwest ISD, held on July 24, 2012. In this excerpt, 8 year old Rachel Fryer shares about her experiences with Scratch software this summer in Scratch Camp. In addition, she tells some stories about how she co-created the eBook “Snowflake Gets Lost” last year in second grade, and demonstrates how she created an enhanced/multimedia eBook during “iPad Media Camp” this summer using the apps Story Patch and Book Creator. This is the first audio podcast I’ve attempted to create entirely on an iPad, using the free Hokusai Audio Editor along with other apps. Refer to the podcast shownotes for more information about other apps used, as well as websites Rachel referenced in her presentation. I’ll write a post soon detailing my lessons learned trying to create a multi-track audio podcast entirely on an iPad.
- Hat tip to Joe Dale for sharing the Hokusai iPad app (free) which I used to create this multi-track audio podcast
- Rachel’s Scratch website profile
- Scratch Software (free for Mac and Windows)
- Download the “Snowflake Gets Lost” enhanced eBook (free)
- Book Creator for iPad ($5)
- Story Patch for iPad ($3)
- More links and resources about Creating Multimedia / Enhanced eBooks
- TechnoPalooza 2012 Keynote Presentation slides: Improving Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Skills with Media by Wesley Fryer
- iPad Media Camp
- TechnoPalooza 2012 Mobile website
- Scratch Camp Curriculum & Links (July 2012)
- Northwest ISD, Texas
- Levellator Software
- Switch Software
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wesley Fryer’s secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast467: Reflections on a Gap Year Before College - 2019
- Replace Chromebook 303C Broken Screen with Screen Surgeons - 2013
- Cell Phone Computers or Mobile Learning Devices (MLDs) - 2010
- The importance of VOICE and empowering others to share - 2010
- Best games for kids on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch - 2010
- A mentor and new media luminary takes a blogging hiatus - 2009
- Got digital wishes for your classroom? Disintermediate your edtech funding process! - 2008
- Wanted: K12 Online Conference Committee Volunteers! - 2007
- Spanked and disgusted by malware - 2006
- Thoughts on citizen journalism - 2006