If you live in or near Oklahoma City you’re cordially invited to attend my second “iPad Productivity Apps Workshop” on Friday, September 14th from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Check out all the details (and register directly via EventBrite) on this digital mailer I sent out this evening via Mailchimp.
More details are also available on this blog post on ipadwithwes.com.
Starting this Sunday, I’ve paid for a series of 30 second radio spots to air on our local Oklahoma City stations KMGL (Magic 104.1) and KOKC (News – Talk 1520). This is the first time I’ve done this kind of mainstream media advertising, and I am far from certain it’s going to work. I’m hopeful, however, so we’ll see.
It’s VERY cool to hear the script I typed out a few weeks ago in a Google Doc now recorded as a professional radio advertisement!
Please share this event with others you know who have iPads and might be interested in learning more about productivity applications to use on it. The official workshop description is:
Learn how to maximize the use of your iPad for personal and business productivity by attending the “iPad with Wes: Productivity Apps” full-day workshop in Oklahoma City on Friday, September 14, 2012, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. In this hands-on, BYOI (bring your own iPad) workshop you’ll learn how to more effectively:
- Work with, edit and share different document types including spreadsheets, word processing documents and presentations on the iPad
- Save, organize, and share a variety of different files to and from your iPad
- Use applications to take accessible notes you can readily find and use later
- Create and share concept maps for brainstorming
- Create “information traps” to quickly save and share links and other web-based information
- Much more! Visit the workshop “Handouts” page for links to apps we’ll use!
This is the script for my radio spot. 90 words really can equal 30 seconds when a professional radio voice is speaking!
Do you have an iPad? Do you want to learn how to become more productive with your iPad? If so, attend the upcoming “iPad With Wes” workshop in Oklahoma City on Friday, September 14th. This full day, “bring your own iPad” workshop will be led by Dr. Wesley Fryer, an Oklahoma teacher and Apple Distinguished Educator. Learn more and register by visiting ipadwithwes.com.
You’ve invested in an iPad, now it’s time to invest in professional learning time for yourself! Registration is just $99, but space is limited. Visit ipadwithwes.com today!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Copy Podcast RSS Link From iTunes - 2014
- Learn About Your Teacher Through Her QR Code - 2012
- Keys to PBL and Student Centered Learning - 2011
- iPads in Education: What important apps am I missing? - 2010
- Track your baby's every move with Baby Connect - 2010
- Converting a document to ePub (eBook) format with Calibre - 2010
- President Obama's Speech to Students: A Great Opportunity for Synchronous, Live Discussions - 2009
- Highlights from Septemberfest 2008 - 2008
- Interaction is insufficient, creation and construction are key - 2007
- School reform vision needed - 2006