I don’t have an iPhone5 yet. I did place my order this week, however, and the following description from John Brownlee has me waiting with bated breath. YES, I have done exactly what he describes multiple times in our local Apple Store:
Have you ever picked up an iPod touch at the Apple Store and compared it to your iPhone and said, “Man, I wish Apple could figure out how to cram the guts of a phone into something this thin and light?” The iPhone 5 is the culmination of that dream: a device that is so light you can’t even feel it in your pocket, but packed with the most powerful mobile technology in the world. A no compromise device that eschews heft and bulk while seemingly giving up nothing.
As I’ve reflected previously, it’s almost impossible to imagine what “mobile computing reality” is going to be in 10 or 20 years. I know, the digital divide is real, not everyone has a smartphone or home connectivity, etc, etc. I get that. The fact that handheld technologies like the iPhone5 are now available for a mass consumer market, however, is stunning.
Thank you Apple for fast forwarding us all into the future faster than many would have imagined possible.
– Mostly mobile blogged (except this image) with WordPress for iOS (free)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast455: EdTech Struggles and Aspirations - 2017
- Podcast447: Reflections on Screenagers Movie - Growing up in the digital age - 2016
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Podcast281: Brisinger Book Release, Home Run Books, Flow, and Reading Advice from 10 Year Old Alexander - 2008
- Learning 2.0 Conference opening panel - 2007