I spent eight hours today continuing to develop and refine the 2 day workshop curriculum on “iPad Digital Storytelling” which I’m developing with others for Storychasers. We’re creating an “iPad only” workshop which doesn’t require the use of a laptop or desktop computer: Just an iPad. We want to help participants create narrated slideshow videos which include:
- Edited audio narration
- The option to also include interview audio
- Digital images with “Ken Burns effect” zooms
Contrast this with the edited video I published in July, “Boiling River: Best Kept Secret In Yellowstone.”
While it’s great to know how to edit and publish recorded video clips, Storychasers has found over the past five years it’s a good idea to help teachers learn first how to narrate, sequence, and combine still digital images with audio. I’m very enthused with how our “iPad Digital Storytelling” workshop curriculum is shaping up, and look forward to helping facilitate our first two-day workshop with it in the next few months!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Managing WordPress Installations in CPANEL (Monday Sept 28th) - 2015
- Don't Equate Competency With Identity - 2014
- Google UK Employees talk about Family Internet Safety - 2010
- Join the K12Online08 flashback and K12Online09 preview - LIVE this Saturday on EdTechTalk! - 2009
- Help needed with WordPress plugin theme file syntax - 2009
- Digital Nation Call for Participation - Thinking about Digital Learning Activities - 2009
- COV project website updates and a group for Oklahoma TitleIID winning districts - 2008
- Delicious visual tag clouds, Classroom eZines, Wikis as files and Creating the Universe with Spore - 2008
- Podcast282: A Conversation with Superintendent Doug Taylor about Student Engagement, Digital Storytelling, and Collaborative Digital Technologies - 2008
- WordPress configuration details and Mac applications - 2007