I spent eight hours today continuing to develop and refine the 2 day workshop curriculum on “iPad Digital Storytelling” which I’m developing with others for Storychasers. We’re creating an “iPad only” workshop which doesn’t require the use of a laptop or desktop computer: Just an iPad. We want to help participants create narrated slideshow videos which include:
- Edited audio narration
- The option to also include interview audio
- Digital images with “Ken Burns effect” zooms
Contrast this with the edited video I published in July, “Boiling River: Best Kept Secret In Yellowstone.”
While it’s great to know how to edit and publish recorded video clips, Storychasers has found over the past five years it’s a good idea to help teachers learn first how to narrate, sequence, and combine still digital images with audio. I’m very enthused with how our “iPad Digital Storytelling” workshop curriculum is shaping up, and look forward to helping facilitate our first two-day workshop with it in the next few months!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reflections on AI, China-U.S. Relations, Education & Innovation - 2020
- Your Seminary Needs Digital and Media Literacy Instruction - 2019
- How Microsoft is Poised to Destroy MinecraftEDU - 2016
- Managing WordPress Installations in CPANEL (Monday Sept 28th) - 2015
- Don't Equate Competency With Identity - 2014
- Google UK Employees talk about Family Internet Safety - 2010
- Join the K12Online08 flashback and K12Online09 preview - LIVE this Saturday on EdTechTalk! - 2009
- Help needed with WordPress plugin theme file syntax - 2009
- Digital Nation Call for Participation - Thinking about Digital Learning Activities - 2009
- COV project website updates and a group for Oklahoma TitleIID winning districts - 2008