A select group of 19 K-12 teachers and teacher/librarians in the College Community School District in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has been participating in a series of professional development workshops to further develop their skills with and understanding of digital literacy. As a culminating activity for a two day workshop on “Mapping Media to the Curriculum” with Wesley Fryer, teachers collaboratively interviewed six of their colleagues about their “digital learning journeys” and the ways they are reflecting their learning about digital literacy in the online digital portfolios they have been creating in the past several months. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to the individual posts which teachers created to accompany each interview at the close of the workshop. Learn more on /showwithmedia.com.
- Blog post setting up / defining this ‘radio show’ assignment and activity
- Amy’s Journey
- Jessie’s Digital Learning Journey
- Get out of my dreams and into my digital world – Kristi
- Brad’s journey to his own state of Digital Zen…
- Professional Development Journey (Dan)
- Journey into Digital Learning (Ryan)
- Referenced resources and links from the Oct 2-3, 2012 Workshop, “Mapping Media to the Common Core” with Wesley Fryer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Prairie Pride Digital Literacy Professional Development
- Mapping Media to the Common Core: What Do You Want to Create Today? (now showwithmedia.com)
- Interactive Writing (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Narrated Art (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Radio Show (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- 5 Photo Stories (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing (eBook)
- Follow Wesley on Twitter: @wfryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Beware of Phishing Cell Phone Calls: Don't Share Personal Info with Strangers - 2018
- How to use your iPad and iPhone / iPad Touch with an External Display / Projector - 2010
- A hazard of moderating comments on a popular YouTube video - 2009
- Content Filtering in Schools: Striving to CONTROL user behavior - 2007
- Many more K-12 Online Conference Teasers - 2007
- Mike Lawrence on DOPA - 2006
- British teachers support instructional autonomy - 2006
- Nontraditional peer review - 2006
- Deep tagging video - 2006
- Our need for more dialog in the face of fear - 2006